Friday, December 19, 2008

About.com Review of Dove Chocolate Discoveries: Cupcakes, Grahams and White Chocolate Drink Mix

A contributing writer on About.com recently tried some of our products. Here is my review of her report:

User Reviews Write Review

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5
I love Dove Chocolate..., December 18, 2008
By carriegeyer

"in fact I love it so much that I am a Dove Chocolatier, who holds several Chocolate Tastings each month to introduce these and other Dove products not sold in stores.

The Graham Crackers are everything the author says they are however we differ on one point...I prefer the milk chocolate grahams. But that is a matter of personal taste...I have been known to eat all the dark chocolate grahams after the milk chocolate ones are gone. They make an excellent snack at midnite or as a pick me up in the afternoon. I love them too much.

The white chocolate smoothie mix is at it's best as a hot drink I think. Another use for the drink mix is to put it in a blender with milk, ice, pineapple or other fruit and coconut rum to taste...it becomes a pina colada.

The cupcakes are phenomenol with the melted chocolate in the middle. Another trick is to scoop a plug out of the bottom and fill the cupcake with Dove's Chocolate or Raspberry Mousse. Then replace the plug and you have a gourmet Cupcake.

Dove has products in 3 major categories: 1) box mixes such as Cupcakes and Brownies, 2) Ready to Eat Snacks such as the Grahams and Cinnamon Dusted Chocolate Almonds and 3)Gadgets, tools and tempering machines for candy makers. All products are sold from the catalog or at home parties. It is a fun business that is profitable.

I must tell you that my own personal favorite product is the Mousse Mix. In 5 minutes I can have restaurant quality French style Mousse made in my kitchen. Let me tell you how easy it is:

1. Melt 4 ounces of Dove Dark or Milk Chocolate slowly in the microwave.
2. Whip 1 cup of heavy cream and contents of Mousse Mix Packet until medium peaks are formed. Add the melted Chocolate while still hot to the Mousse and blend. Serve in parfait dish or chocolate cups, on cake or with fruit. Makes 4-5 servings. Very elegant and rich! My family loves it. Can be frozen although we never have had any left over to freeze."

So there it is: my review of the about.com review...see the original review by Los Angeles based pastry chef Elizabeth Labau at about.com

No comments: